A 1-hour talk about my journey into the world of public speaking and storytelling.
It discusses my top three lessons learned.
- Acknowledge and embrace the power of EMOTIONS
- FEAR of Public Speaking is not sensibly understood
- Public Speaking and Storytelling are CONNECTION enablers
Delivered on April 17, 2016 to ASQ Houston (American Society for Quality)
FLOW is A New Frontier in human performance. Public speaking can be a FLOW enabler.
The basics of FLOW (1- hour lecture)
Click here for a gift pdf version of Necessary Bridges RNK Chapter 16. It covers FLOW which— in my opinion—is a certain route to mastery and top performance.
Delivered on Sept 14, 2016 to PMI-H (Project Management Institute – Houston)
Insights from Positive Psychology for Success
A 60-minute talk on how 3 streams of happiness (positive psychology) can generate success. (1) pleasure/positive emotions, (2) passion/engagement, (3) purpose/meaning.
There are 3 BIG IDEAS –
(1) You don’t have to bring happiness (human flourishing) to work here—but it helps.
(2) Happiness (human flourishing) helps people get things done. Unhappiness hinders people from getting things done.
(3) Happiness (human flourishing) is a precursor to success more than it is a consequence of it!
Delivered on July 27, 2017 to PMI-H (Project Management Institute – Houston)
Conflict Resolution: A Strategy of Respect & Empathy–with Examples from History
How did some giants in history transition FROM implacable foes locked into very different histories TO An Epic Reconciliation?
1. How did they avoid continuing to the point here they no longer cared if they destroyed each other?
2. By using a strategy—and harnessing the power-—of respect and empathy.
3. By upholding their dignity in a way that compelled all around them to respect them.
Delivered on August 1, 2017 to Cyfair-Houston Chamber of Commerce
As part of the 2017 (Indian) Republic Day celebrations, I had the high honor of being invited to give four talks at my historic Lawrence School Lovedale, India. This is one of those talks, given to the 10th & 11th grade students.
Delivered on Jan 25, 2017 at Lawrence School, Lovedale (India)
From a blog article:
When opening your presentations: Be Bold … Use the rule-of-3 … Be Unusual